Located in Tecumseh, Ontario – Show and Shine initially launched their eCommerce website back in 2007 with only 100 products in their inventory. Today they sell well over 300 different types of auto polishing products across Canada.
During our discovery phase, we collaborated with the team at Show and Shine to learn about their primary goals for the website, their targetted audience and the regional market. From our gathered data, we learned that Show and Shine would like to focus on an audience between the ages of 30-65 who are car enthusiasts and live anywhere in Canada. Our goal was to create a website that is simple and easy to navigate through, aesthetically pleasing but not overwhelming and is cross-browser/cross-device compatible.
During our development process, we created the following checklist:
- Build a site that is lightweight and loads fast on any device
- Make sure all 300+ products are easily searchable by the user
- Integrate online payment - PayPal
- Integrate shipping module to obtain real-time rates via API
- Install SSL certificate for secure connections between the web server and browser
- Integrate Facebook Chat for users to communicate with a Show and Shine team members
The theme on Show and Shine is custom coded from scratch using Leaner Style Sheet (Less) and jQuery. Our objective during the front-end development was to create a template that is scalable without any limitations. We wanted Show and Shine to have the option of expanding their website with ease when needed.